On our “Things to do once we get settled in” page, we wanted to establish a placeholder for goals, projects, and products we’d like to secure to make us a better company, or perhaps just because they sound like fun…
- Establish “oil for cake” program with farmers to provide an expeller press on site to press soy/canola at small farms. TBI will provide the press and diesel powered (of course) engine for the press, plus free fuel to run all diesel equipment on the farm.
- Develop Cold Weather blend for biodiesel to improve the pour point for B100 to be better than D2 petrodiesel.
- Research grant opportunities for testing for canola replacement of winter wheat in North Carolina.
- Establish composting and/or processing facility for glycerol co-product to maximize profit potential for glycerol.
- Establish a recycling program for used 55 Gallon Drums and IBCs for product storage and distribution.
- Work with NC biodiesel coops, farms, and other biodiesel producers to effectively lobby the NC legislature for a biodiesel tax holiday and other incentives for renewable fuels.
- Provide internship program for college students wishing to gain experience in a real biodiesel production facility.
- Establish a practical, automated, cost effective biodiesel production system design that can be duplicated by other businesses, colleges, and coops to make biodiesel in significant quantities.
- Research feasibility and grant opportunities for algae research as a feedstock oil resource and CO2 scrubber.