We installed our new laminar flow glycerin separator this week. The new unit is capable of handling 30 gallons per minute. We’ve added our own automation panel to handle the input, output, and glycerin discharge pumps, as well as level and temperature indicators that give us an idea of how the unit is working. The new unit not only works at a higher flow rate, it also appears to get more glycerin out of the output stream than our old unit.
Preliminary tests look good, and we are excited to see it replacing our older 10 GPM Hydrasep separator. That unit is for sale, by the way, and works well. We’ve just outgrown it.